VirusTotal and Mindflow have partnered to enable users to automate their incident management and better protect their information systems.
VirusTotal is a free service that uses more than 70 antivirus engines on its web service to analyze suspicious files and URLs, domain blockisting services, in addition to a myriad of tools to extract signals from the studied content, to facilitate the quick detection of viruses, worms, Trojans, and all kinds of malware.
Any user can select a file from their computer using their browser and send it to the solution. It offers a number of file submission methods, including the primary public web interface, desktop uploaders, browser extensions, and a programmatic API.
Upon submitting a file or URL basic results are shared with the submitter, and between the examining partners, who use results to improve their own systems. As a result, by submitting files, URLs, domains, etc. to VirusTotal you are contributing to raising the global IT security level.
This core analysis is also the basis for several other features, including the VirusTotal Community which is a network that allows users to comment on files and URLs and share notes with each other. This helps to identify false positives.
By integrating with the web-based solution, Mindflow allows users to automate the submission of suspicious files, in any programming language, using the HTTP-based public API.
- Scan files periodically against the latest antivirus signature sets and receive alerts when one of the tracked files changes
- Use YARA and the VirusTotal database to track the evolution of certain threat actors, malware families, and automatically generate IoCs
- Visualize VirusTotal’s massive database with VT Graph. Analysts can see connections between files, URLs, domains, IP addresses, and other items
- Raising the global IT security level through sharing: contribute comments and vote on whether particular content is harmful
- Real-time updates: Malware signatures are updated frequently by VirusTotal as they are distributed by antivirus companies, this ensures that our service uses the latest signature sets